September 10, 2014

Steak Asparagus Spinach Quinoa for Breastfeeding Moms

Another breastfeeding friendly recipe from my postpartum doula toolkit! I whipped up this dish for one of my clients, and the smell in my kitchen was just heavenly...I would be insanely selfish to not share it with you!

Packed with protein, iron and calcium, this is a recipe that the entire family can enjoy!



What you'll need:

1 box of quinoa
handful of asparagus, chopped
2 flank steaks, cut into strips
3 handfuls of spinach, torn by hand
seasoning (I used Epicure roasted red pepper)

While your quinoa is cooking per the instructions on the box, sautee your flank steak strips and chopped asparagus in a large skillet. When your steak is just about ready, add your spinach and seasoning. Mix well and let sit over a low heat to allow your spinach to wilt.

To plate, you can either mix everything together in a large serving dish, or you can serve the sauteed steak, asparagus and spinach over top of the quinoa.

Enjoy!


signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips