May 22, 2015

Taking a Break...to Chuckle #ChuckleRun #Run4Fun

So it's been almost a month since my first half marathon. I'm not going to lie...it took me a good three weeks to recover. My first two runs back sent pain shooting through my right knee and I started getting really worried about my upcoming race calendar.

It dawned on me that something in me has changed. The medals are lovely. The sparkle and bling. Sure sure.

But I've become competitive. Any who have I been competing with? Myself.

So I took a few steps back, and not just because my knee felt like it was going to shatter. I want to run just for the fun of it. I want to laugh and smile and be silly for a change. I want to show my boys that Mama isn't afraid to wear shorts with neon knee high socks and a tutu. In public.
A photo posted by Shannon Moyer-Szemenyei (@sweetstellas) on
Those that know me intimately, know that I take things way too seriously, almost all of the time. It's time to change that and focus on the fun. What better way to do that then to have fun while I run?

On May 31st, I'll be heading up the #RuntheDistrict #Run4Fun Ambassador team for the #ChuckleRun. It's just a 5km (note: three years ago...it would have been "a 5km? are you freaking kidding me? no!") so it'll be a nice and easy race...with a big loud mouth medal at the end.

Come run, walk and chuckle with us in the Western Fair District as we support Vanier Children's Services, KidSport and Oxford-Elgin Child & Youth Centre. The route promises to be historic, scenic and comical with every step you take toward the finish line.

Run for fun...it's about damn time!

A photo posted by Run The District (@runwfd) on
signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips