May 29, 2015

DIY Project Self Care Challenge Checkin

Time to post about those DIY projects that you chose to create as your self care challenge this month!


My big project over the past few months was rearranging my art studio to be a more productive office space. What started out as a hot mess is now a really lovely space. I have my art supplies mostly stored in the closet, but some out to inspire creativity and remind me to not forget my artistic roots.
On one side of the room, I have a reading chair and side table, where I can snuggle up with one of my birth or postpartum books and continue to grow my knowledge.

I have a desk area for getting down to business, with a bookcase on each side. In the cubbies I have books, promotional materials, thank you cards, client files, and even one bin full of samples and little gifts for my clients.

I framed photos of those that are near and dear to my heart....husband, Dad, Shizz, BFF's, kiddos. And have my WDW10k medal on display.

It feels like home, and I am so happy that it is finally the space that my heart has been craving.

The DIY element, aside from gutting my supplies and boxing up donations for my son's school, was the beautiful desk that my friend Lainie gave me. I gave it new life and a new purpose by making it over with Americana Chalky Paint. It's beautiful and I love it.

Start.
Create.
Finish.

I'd love to see your projects! Post them in the comments!

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips