August 21, 2014

Berry Muffins with Nuts #recipe #muffins #baking

One of the lovely families I am working with for my postpartum doula case study hours is struggling with meal preparation. It's something that plagued me when I had postpartum depression in 2010...the thought of which frozen meal do I make for myself was just too overwhelming, so I opted not to eat.

I've learned that we need to fuel our bodies so that we can function mentally at the top of our game, so one of the things that I wanted to provide this family were some good, wholesome and delicious muffins to get them started.

I took one recipe, and made two varieties.


Preheat your oven to 400F.

In a large mixing bowl, or with your stand mixer, combine your dry ingredients, then add your oil, eggs and milk.

1 3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1/4 cup cooking oil (I used coconut oil)

Once fully mixed, add in your berries and nuts.


For the Berry Walnut muffins, add in 1 cup of fresh or frozen mixed berries, and 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts.


For the Blueberry Almond muffins, add in 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries and 3/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds.

Fill your prepared muffin tins 1/2 to 2/3 full, then top with whatever nut you used inside the muffins. Bake for 17 minutes, then let cool for 5 minutes in the tin.

Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips