May 21, 2014

Kettlebell Single Overhead Press #prenatal #fitness

Today's kettlebell move is the overhead press. I've been trying to find a good tutorial for this move but I haven't been able to find one the way that the Kettlebell 360 app shows this move...so here we go!


Why do I love this move? Well, you are tightening your core, planting your legs, and strengthening your shoulders, arms and upper back. It's basically the full body move.

When we're pregnant, we run the risk of poor core strength and abdominal separation after birth. In order to prevent that from happening, maintaining your core strength throughout your pregnancy is important. You can do this by doing squats, presses, planks and lunges. Any move that forces you to be stable and move slowly will help your core strength.

So back to the move...




Oh I hope that translates through the screenshots! Basically, you're lifting the kettlebell up and over your head, and back behind your head every so slightly so that you are puffing out your chest.

I hope that makes sense!! Let me know if you try it!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips