October 24, 2013

My Arrow

After our miscarriage, I knew that a new tattoo was in my near future. Trying to figure out what exactly to get to symbolize everything that we were going through, how I felt about it and where we would be headed was difficult.

I was immediately drawn to feathers, thinking of our wee angel in heaven, and then to dandelion puffs but they both seemed....popular. Overdone? Just not quite right.

Then I read this

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. - unknown source

It was perfect. An arrow.


Oddly enough, the moon was a full moon the night that it all happened, so I wanted to get something to honour that as well.

I new that my ankle was where I wanted this arrow, with the tip pointing forward to my feet.

I think of this baby as my Arrow {and that is what I call her in my heart of hearts}.
It pulled me back
Made me take pause
Breathe
and now I am being shot forward into a great expanse of possibility, with an open heart.

This experience has changed me, and not into a bitter, angry person {though I do have those moments} but into one who has a deeper connection with her heart. An open heart.

Thank you, Arrow.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it, Shannon! Love the quote behind it!

Unknown said...

Perfect!

Shan said...

Thanks ladies - i love it so much

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips