October 4, 2013

Fall Family Photoshoot Fashion 2013

We have been planning a fall family photoshoot with Hanlon Lain Photography for some time now, and admittedly I have been agonizing over the outfits. It seems like it should be easy, but it's really really not!

I had Owen's outfit picked out the moment I saw it. Charcoal grey pants, his every day blue canvas slip ons, and the sweetest red/mint/yellow plaid short sleeved shirt at Target.

But then the big question was...what do there parents wear??

When in doubt, ask your photographer! She suggested jeans and boots, and because I don't tend to wear normal denim anymore...here's what I've chosen


Dad Style...my husband is big on layering so I thought that I would pick up the yellow tone from Owen's shirt and layer that under a charcoal grey sweater that he already has. Then, he can pair it with brown, slightly distressed dress shoes, and the new watch that I got him for our anniversary.

Mom Style...my red skinnies paired with a sheer black short sleeved chiffon blouse that I recently found by Joe Fresh (not the exact one in the photo but you get the idea), a yellow scarf (optional...we'll see!), my black wedge mid calf boots and the new necklace that Amber Bryce is creating me.

I can't wait to share the photos with you! We haven't had any family portraits done since Owen turned 1, so it definitely is about time and I'm excited to see how they turn out!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great choices. I need to start thinking about our family pictures in November too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips