September 13, 2013

On this day, five years ago

I married he man of my dreams. The man who drove me home in the worst of storms so I could be with my family pup, Tony, when we said good-bye.

The man who held me when I crumpled on the floor upon hearing from the police officer that my Dad died.

The man who didn't give up on me, even when I drove away from him.

To that man, thank you. Thank you for believing in me; for putting up with my mess of art supplies that always take over the kitchen; for not caring if our floors are dirty and haven't been washed in months.

Thank you for loving me.


We danced to this song as our last-dance before to bid our guests goodnight and slipped away on our wedding night. I love this song, and will for the rest of my life when I think of that moment.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary kids!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips