August 2, 2013

The importance of storytelling

The absolute best session that I went to at BlogHer'13 was about storytelling

What is it?
Why is it important?


What struck a chord with me was if it doesn't make you laugh or cry, I'm not doing my job - Tanis Miller

To hear these incredibly intelligent and empowered women talking about writing with passion, in an active and present voice, was amazing. They confirmed absolutely everything that I believe about writing with an authentic voice, and that was wonderful. I could have sat there for hours listening to them banter back and forth, and gained so much out of the 30 minute session.

The panelists, Jenni, Nicole and Vikki spoke with conviction and grace. They believe in what they are doing, how they are writing and that was inspiring for me to hear.

Did you go to this session? What did you think?

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips