June 13, 2013

New Year New Me, C25K Training

Before we get into the C25K training, here's a little video tutorial for a leg exercise using resistance bands. I'm still using them from time to time, but I have a new fitness love...(get your chuckles out now with the ultra flattering pose below)


My new love? I've joined the Couch to 5km revolution, otherwise known as C25K. I started running a couple of weeks ago, but found that I was only doing it when I felt like it and we all know what that means.

Oh, I'll run tomorrow.
It's raining, I'll wait for later
It's sunny, let's go to the park

Really, anything to get my out of running. Then, there was a coyote attack on my running trail and I seriously considered just giving it up in its entirety.

Then, my bff Heather was telling me about the 5K Runner app for iPhone and it dawned on me. I did Insanity, probably one of the hardest workout programs out there. How did I push through that?

Because there was a schedule!

It has been working fantastically, and I've completed the first two days in week 1, already earning the Braveheart badge.


It all starts with a step, right? In my case, 1min of walking, 1 min of running...over and over and over and over. I'm finding it difficult with the jogging stroller since my upper body is keeping that steady, therefore is super stiff by the end of the run, but over all...it's a really awesome system. I get in a 1.8mi run, and feel fantastic afterward!

I have some running goals in mind and hope to share them with you soon as long as no scheduling conflicts happen!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips