April 3, 2013

New Year New Home, Laundry Room Storage


This month in New Year New Home, we move into the laundry room. It's one of the spaces that is often forgotten about but usually one that if it were to have a little TLC, it would be bright and airy. Maybe we wouldn't mind doing laundry if it looked just a little neater, more inviting and a little bit more inspired. {no? Did I take it too far?}

One challenge that we face with our laundry room is storage. Sure, we have these lovely built-ins above both the washer and dryer, but the way they were installed means that we can't actually adjust the height of the shelves inside.

This means that laundry detergent and bleach get stacked at the top, and I need a ladder to get them down!


Definitely not ideal and since I'm sure you can imagine the amount of laundry with a toddler and two parents who work out 6 days a week...definitely not practical.

So, I started looking around at the storage baskets that we already have. We have loads of them for storing Owen's toys, and I thought that they would be perfect for going on the washer an dryer to store the items that we use often.

But they needed to be pretty, so I designed these tags for the baskets and printed them on cardstock. I tied them to the baskets, and voila! Pretty basket storage!




Overall I'm really happy with how they turned out. There's one basket for small tools like screwdrivers and hammers, batteries and things of the sort. Then another basket for laundry needs, all within my reach!


Go forth, get organized and make your space pretty!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips