May 10, 2012

SWH4T$: Studio Makeover

It's finally ready...the virtual tour of my new studio! I figured that it would make a great post for SWH4T$ since I upcycled some old furniture, created my desk, and created my own typography art!



DIY Desk 

The desk was so incredibly easy to make!

You'll need:
2 shelving units (mine are Martha Stewart Home collection from RONA- $40 each)
piece of MDF ($25 for a 4'x8' piece - 2 free cuts at RONA! I had mine cut 4'x2'ish)
6 bins for the cubbies ($10 each at RONA)

How-to:

Put your shelving units together

Paint your piece of MDF whatever colour you want to suit your room

Put MDF board on top of the shelving units when dry, and voila! DIY desk complete!

Total project cost: $165 - which is pretty cheap considering the cost of furniture, and it's completely unique! Mine stands about 3'ish high, so I dont need a chair in my studio, which is great for my posture! I also have 3 pieces of MDF leftover, which will make great coffee table tops, colouring tables for the kiddo or even just pieces of art!

I already had one of the units for the desk, which saved us $40 of materials cost. Add in the paint, and you're right around $140 for an entire new room!

The bookcase and mailing centre unit were my Husband's when he was a child; thankfully the inlaws  held onto them and I was able to repurpose them!

Love the typography? You can download it for free!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips