November 10, 2011

SWH4T$: Money Saving Apps

Rules of the Hop:


1.) Follow your hostesses at Baby Shmizz and Sweet Stella's via GFC

2.) Link up a specific post that relates to money, your job, your business, couponing, anything that shows how you "work hard for your money".

3.) Post our button on your post

Have fun linking and finding new blogs to read!









Money-Saving iPhone Apps

So many of us have iPhones nowadays, I thought I would share with you which apps I use to help me save money. I know that Android phones are just as popular (I was a Droid girl before my iPhone, and Mizzle has a Droid too), and most of these apps or something similar can be found in the Android Marketplace too. And, because I'm a cheap-ass, all of these apps are FREE, of course :)

ShopSavvy




This app is by far my favorite. You use the scanner to scan any barcode, and it will give you listings of where you can buy that item so you can find the cheapest place to buy it. It also includes online retailers as well. How many times have you been at the store and bought something, and then get home to find out there is a deal on Amazon and you could have gotten in cheaper? Not gonna happen anymore!

The Coupons App




This app has coupons, online deal codes and links to freebies. It also uses your location to tell you where the cheapest gas is in your area.

Grocery Pal




This app uses your location to allow you to search through the local store sales flyers. It also gives you available store coupons within a 5-mile radius of your location. You can also create shopping lists with the items from the flyers, and add coupons to them!

Target




We all know I love me some Target. This app allows you to surf the weekly ad, check out the Daily Deal, and sign up for mobile text alerts with coupons. And, if you are desperate for a fix, it uses your location to tell you where the nearest Target is.

Jo-Ann Fabrics




Jo-Ann Fabrics is my go-to store for crafty supplies, especially fabric. They often have coupons in the newspaper, however they have a separate set of coupons on this app. You just click to display and show the cashier so they can enter the discount. It also will use your location to tell you where the nearest store is.

CardStar




This app is more of a sanity saver than anything. I don't know about you, but my keys are HUGE. I have about 10 little store card tags on there, plus 2 car keys, 2 remote starter fobs, plus 5 assorted housekeys. And, I HAD to have my 2 Coach keychains on there, natch. So, instead of carrying around all those little tags, and since I'm married to my phone, I use this app to house all the barcodes for my store tags. You just scan all your tags in, and then at the store you click on whatever tag you need and it displays a barcode for the cashier to scan just like your little tag! Genius!










1 comment:

Amila said...

I linked up a post with my 'tips to reduce food wastage',I guess this is related with your topic as these are the tips I use to reduce wastage & on the other way save some money from the kitchen.....
Midweek Fiesta @every Wednesday
Food Blog Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips