May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Curry's Art Store

I don't really even remember when or how I found Curry's. I've been getting all of my paint, canvas, brushes, portfolios, sketch books, watercolour pencils (you get the idea...everything) there for years. Actually, probably more than 10 years at this point.

When I started looking for journals to paint for the press bags at the Emmy's, it hadn't occurred to me to check back at my favourite art supply store and see what they had in stock for small, hardcover sketch books.

Thankfully, one of my artsy mama friends pointed me back to Curry's and it was, again, a match made in Heaven.

I have 13 books on order, which should be in my hands at the end of June, and I cannot wait to get started painting.

I've chosen to go with some heavy body acrylics because they will give a really amazing dimension to the artwork.



Being an abstract artist, I love to play with texture and the density of the paint. Typically, if I'm painting on wood, I'll build it up first with a drywall compound, and then paint on top of it. As great of an idea as that is, it makes the art work incredibly fragile and susceptible to chipping.

Anyhow, today...I am incredibly thankful to Curry's Art Store, and thankful for the amazingly bright and open location in Kitchener. I am thankful for the memories that I have with my Dad, riding the Go Train to Toronto and being able to pick out my canvases at the Queen St. store before heading over to the music store for drumsticks for him. I am thankful for the paint, the journals, and for Adam from customer service for helping me and being there every step of the way throughout this creation process.

Have a wonderful Thursday, everyone! Find some time to create today!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips