April 26, 2011

How-To Tuesday: Dad's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Good morning one and all!

I was having one of those days the other day where I missed my Dad. Usually when that happens, I reach for the nearest can of Coca-Cola (his favourite) or have a sudden urge to bake chocolate chip cookies.

Not just any chocolate chip cookies, but his chocolate chip cookies. He always used the same recipe from the Purity Cookbook, and it's the recipe that I used for our wedding favours, when I'm feeling like I need a warm hug from my Dad, and the one that I will use to bake cookies on rainy days with my kiddo.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment paper

Mix dry ingredients...
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Add in...
1/2 c. granulated white sugar
1/4 c. lightly packed brown sugar

Then...
1/2 c. butter or margarine

Beat in...
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Fold in
1.c(6 oz package) chocolate chips
Drop batter from a teaspoon about 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake for 11 minutes until golden brown and slightly crispy.

They make really great ice cream sandwiches too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips