February 16, 2011

MOMpreneur: Cup of Tea Photo Cards

Happy Thursday! Today, I am very thankful for our next MOMpreneur, Andrea Kurz from Cup of Tea Photo Cards.

I've had the pleasure of working with Andrea on a few projects after my son was born, and her work is outstanding.







What do you do?

I create custom photo cards and photo projects. I specialize in greeting cards where the customer provides their favourite photo and I turn it into a beautiful greeting card to send to family and friends. I also create ready-made cards that are ready to print, as well as nursery letters, calendars, wedding invitations and more to come. All my cards and projects are "we design, you print", which means that once the design is completed, the customer is is emailed a jpg file and they can print at their favourite print shop to their heart's content.


Why do you love it?

I love scrapbooking, particularly digital scrapbooking and I love making cards. I love taking a beautiful picture of a customer's child and creating the perfect birth announcement or even a Christmas card from it. I love working with my customers one on one via email to make their vision a reality. My customers push me to be more creative in my designs to make something that is just perfect for their occasion. I love it because I can do it anywhere: at home on the couch, in my office/craft room, with my son beside me, or even at Starbucks. Being creative helps me feel like myself, and not just like a mom.

What advice do you have for other MOMpreneurs?

Figure out what you love to do and do it. It's hard to learn how to be a mom, and sometimes we lose ourselves in the diaper changes and rendition of Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes. We need to find an outlet for our creativity, and more importantly, we need to find a way of keeping true to ourselves and keeping our passion alive. Being a mom is the most rewarding thing I've ever done, and I love my son to death, but in order to be the best mom I can be, I need time to just be me.



Wonderful advice, Andrea! I think we all need time to recharge and be the best moms we can be!

You can check out Cup of Tea Photo Cards on Andrea's site, Facebook fanpage, wonderfully creative blog and on Twitter!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips