January 23, 2011

MOMpreneur Monday: Andrea Jackson

Good morning! I hope that it is warm where you are! We are being faced with -20 Celsius right now, with blowing snow, gusting cold winds and ridiculous windchills....and all of that spells FLU SEASON! What started out as my husband having the stomach flu, has morphed into a sinus cold for him, a runny nose and scream-filled 7month old, and a not-so-hot feeling Mommy!

Anyhow! Without further adieu...here is your MOMpreneur for the week: Andrea Jackson!

What do you do?

I am a stay at home mom of 2 very active boys ages 5 and 1, the president of my local chapter of MOMsclub, and a MOMpreneur who is launching my dream come true - Dreamer Creations and Baby Laughs by Dreamer Creations. I offer completely custom works of art in the form of Diaper Cakes, Greeting Cards, Party Favours, Invites & Thank-Yous, Wall Art, Photographic Prints and more.Plus I create designs for products sold on Cafepress and Zazzle (in my spare time).


Why do you love it?

I have always been an artist of some form or another. My art has transformed over the years and the current theme revolves around things to do with my kids. Being a busy full time mom, and also active in my community, with a husband who works MANY hours, I quickly found I needed an outlet. So late at night, on the weekends, or during nap time, I squeeze in a few minutes (or if I'm lucky, hours) of ME time and let the creative juices flow. I love making something unique and different, beautiful and fun. I try to offer a little something for everyone, and offer custom work to anyone interested.




What advice do you have for other MOMpreneurs?

Being a MOM is hard enough, but trying to balance family life while running your own business? That takes super powers! It's not for everyone, but for those willing to try it, I say give it all you've got. Some of the most amazing products in the world have come from MOMpreneurs! Even if you think you might not have what it takes to go big, do it anyway. There's always someone out there looking for what you have to offer. And you'll never know just how brilliantly successful you can be if you don't try!


You can find Andrea and her wonderful creations on Facebook, Etsy (here and here), Cafepress (here and here), Zazzle and on her website!

And here's a sweet little button for your website, blog and fanpage, Andrea! Congratulations on being a Marvelous MOMpreneur!



Have a lovely day!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips