December 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday is something that I started way back when my husband and I were trying to get pregnant with our (now) Monster. It was a chance to reflect, once a week, on the amazing and positive things in our lives in a community of women who were otherwise frustrated with time, genetics, anatomy and life in general.

I thought it woudl be a great thing to carry over to Sweet Stella's, and would like to present you with our first ever Thankful Thursday.

There are the obvious things to be thankful for; our health, the roof over our head, the refridgerator that is somewhat stocked, our beautiful family. However, there are also the untraditional things to be thankful for.

I am thankful that my husband signed me up this week for a fave-5 plan so that my best girlfriend and I can talk about wedding planning (she's getting married this coming September) until our heart's content.

I am thankful that our Monster took some pretty decent naps today, which allowed me to get two christmas gifts, his board book and another exciting new product completed. I am thankful that one of those naps he chose to take was snuggled up on me.

I am thankful that it has finally stopped snowing in our dear city. Over the past two weeks, we have been hit by 140cm (about 56") of snow and ice.
The part of the city where we live is a new development, so the roads are the last to be plowed, and then get torn apart by the construction vehicles. I am thankful that the city finally sent out a company to even out the roads so that we aren't offroading any longer.

Lastly, I am thankful that it is before midnight and I actually have the opportunity to get some sleep. I, thankfully, am getting together with my cousins tomorrow for a little Christmas lunch and it will be their first time meeting my son. I am so very, incredibly, wonderfully thankful that they are in our lives.
What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips