February 26, 2015

Luma Comfort HC12B Humidifier Review

When I first plugged in our Luma Comfort HC12B Humidifier, immediately I noticed the silence. I saw the stream of mist coming from the funnel...but what I heard was glorious.

Silence.

Living in Canada, we are exposed to some of the driest and longest winters. This makes for chapped and itchy skin (which, if you've just had a baby and have postpartum itch, is magnified when the air in your home is super dry), and a breeding ground for germs that make their way home with your kiddo from school.

There are a few features about the Luma Comfort HC12B Humidifier that I really love. The sleek design that resembles a floor vase is at the top of my list. I love how it fits in with our home decor and you don't even notice an appliance when you walk by it. It's also very sturdy. My four year old when to wobble it over, and it stayed upright, giving me a few minutes to run to the rescue if needed.


I also loved that when I was setting it up (which is extremely easy), there were different height options for the funnel. I opted for the longer spout, but certainly you can shorten the neck and put the humidifier on a table top or shelf. I love the look of the oversized floor vase, and find that it fits really well with our home decor.

Then the sound, or lackthereof. Take a listen for yourself!



The steady stream of mist from the top funnel is fantastic. We have owned other humidifiers in the past and they've either been way too noisy, or the output of mist has left something to be desired. I contacted Luma Comfort to see if their unit is compatible with essential oils, and thankfully it is! With the guidance of Mireya from customer service, I learned that you can absolutely use essential oils in the water tank. If you use essential oils with yours (we are cleaning the air with tea tree oil and lemon oil), be sure to keep your eye on the cartridge to ensure it doesn't grow any clogged oils. If it does, be sure to soak it in a solution of vinegar and water for 15-20 minutes.


It comes with a remote control, and if you have little ones around this is a godsend. You can easily switch the mist stream to be stronger or lighter with the touch of a button, then store your remote out of sight so that the kids won't play with the unit or disrupt the mist. Genius! 



All in all, if you are considering getting a humidifier for your home, I highly recommend the Luma Comfort HC12B Humidifier. It is sleek and stylish, incredibly quiet, and has a run time of 45 hours. That is forty five hours of pure, clean air that you are pumping into your home, which can be made even healthier with the use of essential oils. With the 45 hour run time, it covers approximately 650 square feet. We chose to put our humidifier in a central location so as to maximize how much space it could cover and ensure that everyone in the family can benefit from the clean air.

It's time to breathe in the good again!


Disclaimer: I received the Luma Comfort HC12B Humidifier for the purposes of this review. All opinions expressed are my own.

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips