July 23, 2014

Top Must Have's for #Pregnancy, #essentials for a #healthypregnancy

Now that we've been there...done that! I thought that I would round up some of my absolute could-not-live-without items. You know...the must have essential items for the full 9 months of pregnancy!


Clockwise from top right

Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser hair butter - I received mine as a part of an Influenster VoxBox, and I have to say...it is really the only product that I use religiously on my hair. It has helped with the first trimester hair loss, and definitely helped my hair to stay strong through out the rest of my pregnancy.

Meditation - every night before bed, I put my head phones on, and zone out. Most frequently, I have done patience, compassion, flowing with change and pregnancy meditations on Meditation Oasis, but every now and then I throw in one for deep rest, or stress and pressure. It helps to reset my brain, and helps me be better to myself the next day.

Coconut Butter - I have to thank Kelly from The Turnip Farmer for this one. When the belly stretches, it inevitably gets itchy and sore. A gentle rub of coconut oil and bam! I literally found that new stretchmarks disappeared overnight!

Running - it has been my sanity saver, my personal me-time, and the way that I knew that I was taking care of my own body, so that it could take care of my baby. I ran for 8.5 months of my pregnancy, earned a few medals along the way, and gained an incredible amount of confidence in myself.

Belts - skinny belts, wide belts. Braided belts, stretchy belts! Belts were such a great and easy way to update my existing wardrobe when I was newly pregnant and wanted to feel like I looked pregnant...not pudgy. Such an easy and inexpensive wardrobe update!

Juice - I started juicing during my pregnancy at 20weeks and it was an amazing experience. It felt really great to know just how many fantastic and wholesome nutrients I was putting into my body in a single glass, and what I was passing on to my baby. I definitely know now what juices I love, and which ones I don't!

Rebirth Wellness Centre - having a great support system on your side outside of your family and friends can make all the difference in your pregnancy experience, and that rings true for me. From our Doula, Jena, to my therapist, Jodi, and at the end Dr. Andrea, the naturopath, we were able to establish a strong circle of support that will carry us through the years. I cannot sing their praises enough!

My favourite maternity outfit - My Thyme Maternity jeans carried me through two trimesters, and I loved pairing them with a simple tami from Old Navy, my black boyfriend cardigan and a pair of flats. Easy peasy, done and done. When you find the outfit that you absolutely love, switch up your accessories to keep it fresh. Add a pop of color with a belt, or your handbag.


So...there you have it! That's what got me through the whole nine months, and while I'm sure everyone's list will differ, it will be totally driven by your priorities and lifestyle. For me, it was important to keep running, to juice and feel great about what I was putting in my body, and to take care of my mental health.

Overall, it led to a very well rounded, healthy, happy and positive pregnancy!
signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips