July 16, 2014

Summer #BBQ Hostess Essentials

Playing hostess to family and friends this year with a big backyard bar-b-que? Here are a few things to make your hostess duties a cinch, and make you look fabulous this summer!

Summer BBQ Hostess



When I think about playing hostess to a summer bbq, I think about making my guests feel at ease and relaxed. After all, it's summer!

Bring out the blankets to sit on the lawn if you have limited table seating, as well as chic plastic or melamine plates and drinkware.

Line the paths with citronella candles to keep bugs at bay {a huge thing for me...they devour me!} and place lanterns along the porch, deck and anywhere that your guests will be sitting.

Pick up a cute condiment tray like this one from Williams Sonoma. I always cringe when I have to put out the bottles and jars from the fridge and wish they could look a little prettier...so this caddy is perfect!

And what will you wear?? Well a pretty sundress and wedge heels are perfect. It's summery but not too fancy, girly yet laid back.

Above all, have fun! Bring out the washer toss games and bean bags, water sprinklers for the kids, and sparklers for night time!
signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The mason Jar candle is perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips