July 31, 2014

Lilac Clothing, Clothing for Every Body #reivew #spon #fashion

Nearing the end of my pregnancy, I was really concerned with my post-baby body. I really had no idea what to expect, but knew that I wanted to look and feel fantastic in our newborn photos with Lainie Hird Photography.

Thankfully, the lovely ladies at Lilac Clothing had my back (and my bottoms!). We worked together to pick out a great outfit, the Amanda tank in black and Maxi skirt in olive stripe, that made me feel confident, beautiful and back to my old self.


Photo credit Lainie Hird Photography
What I love about the Amanda top is the softness of the fabric and the great detail on the shoulder. The sides are slightly ruched, which is great if you recently had a baby, and the scoop neckline is flattering and draws the eye naturally up to your face.

Photo credit Lainie Hird Photography

The best part of this top is the lace detail on the shoulders, and the keyhole on the back. I am a sucker for a piece of clothing that has great details, that are subtle and beautiful, feminine and a little flirty. The fabric of the top is super soft, so I felt really comfortable in it, which made me more natural at our photo shoot as well.

The maxi skirt is such an amazing piece, and is perfect for summer. This one in particular can be worn low on the hips with the hemline hitting perfectly at the ankles, or you can wear it up at your natural waist for a slimming effect, which is how I chose to wear it for our photo shoot.  The stripes draw attention away from any body flaws that may (or may not...) be there, and the fabric is nice and soft. Pair it with a tank, tucked in or out, and you have a beautiful, and simple outfit for summer.
Photo credit Lainie Hird Photography

This maxi skirt can also be worn with the fold over waist band up around your bust, as a tube dress! How clever is that?! Perfect for the beach or pool, or even just a day out at the market when you want to wear something light and airy, but something that is trendy and has visual interest in its pattern.

I have worn this skirt and top out running errands with a pair of gladiator sandals, to the farmer's market (accessorized by a baby in my K'Tan carrier) and even for a date-night-in with my husband. It has quickly become one of my favorite summer skirts. The pieces just make me feel beautiful and confident, which is what every new-mom should feel like just after giving birth to their babe.


To check out more of the gorgeous clothing from Lilac Clothing, visit their website, Facebook and Twitter!

Disclaimer: I was provided these clothing pieces from Lilac Clothing for the purposes of this review. All opinions expressed are my own.


signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips