June 20, 2014

Easy Freezer Breakfast Burritos #breakfast #freezermeals

To ensure that everyone in the family has an easy and nutritious breakfast {...snack or lunch} I wanted to whip up a large batch of...something. What, I had no idea and then @MommyConnectLDN suggested breakfast burritos.

These aren't something that we would normally eat...like ever, but they were worth a shot and I am so glad that I made them!



1 dozen eggs
1 pack of bacon
chopped onion
2 tbsp cream cheese
shredded cheese
2 packs of small whole wheat tortillas (so 20 shells in all)

I started off by cooking my bacon, then chopping it up and setting it aside. While it was cooking, I chopped up some onion and set it aside, then grated my cheese.

Next, I scrambled my dozen eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper, in two batches. When the second batch was done, I transferred them to a bowl and folded in the cream cheese until it was melted.

Now comes assembly. I laid everything out on our kitchen island, and cut pieces of wax paper to wrap the finished burritos in (abut 5-10 sheets at a time to make sure I didn't end up with more papers than I needed)


Layer cheese, eggs, onion and bacon, then wrap. Once you have your burritos wrapped, wrap them tightly in the wax paper sheet.

Some of mine are slim, some of them are overfilled. I made 17 in all, and thy fit nicely into two large ziploc bags for the freezer.

To serve, defrost in advance (they will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days) and reheat in the microwave for approximately 30seconds.

Enjoy!


Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips