May 1, 2014

Wait a second...I'm what?! #pregnancy #bumpdate

Happy 30 weeks everyone! Oh wait a second...that's right. Surprise!!

My belly is measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule...so 32 weeks!? Let's see if this trend continues...I'm betting our Little Guy arrives ahead of schedule!



Maternity Clothes: I wore my last non-maternity clothes last week. This belly is out way too far to be covered by non-maternity clothes anymore!


Stretch Marks: Oh goodness...they're starting to come from my ribcage. I'm so stretched out, but that's okay. I've fallen in love with coconut oil and slather that on once a day to help. It's all part of the process.

Weight: +12lbs overall!

Sleep: This week has been a bit of an anomaly as Owen's been sick with a head cold, but I'm up to pee probably 2-3 times, and to switch positions a couple times. If I have to switch positions, as soon as I do, I have to pee. It's a vicious cycle.

Best Pregnancy Moment: I passed my GD screening, and promptly celebrated with a hunk of easter chocolate! Take that GD worries!

Movement: Oh goodness...he's a mover and a shaker, like his big brother was. I'm starting to freak out about the cord getting wrapped around him, because it did with Owen and the movement is very similar. I expressed that concern to my team today, so they are aware of it and are paying attention to things closely.



Food Cravings: Iced Mocha's and apple fritters are my favorite thing on the planet. Hands down. I even wrote it on the "what would you like to eat after you have your baby" section of the hospital forms! Also...PC Black Label Pomegranate Lemon sparkling beverage is incredible!

Gender: It's a BOY!! (read here)

Names: Very happily decided, and we are in love with it. Only a few more weeks until you get to find out!

Symptoms: If the basketball belly wasn't a dead giveaway, as well as the feet that stick out of my ribs from time to time...the weird combo of pepperoni+watermelon, evening nausea and anxiety are giving it away to everyone.

Exercise: Best. News. Ever. today at my OB appointment. So I was asking about the pain on the top of my foot, that has been there since my last 5km event on April 13th, and after looking at my feet my OB laughed and said it's likely due to my high arches. So, getting an arch support for when I'm running is a necessity to continuing running. He asked when I was going to stop running, and I told him after this coming weekend's race.

We had a good long talk about PPD risk factors, and what I'm doing to set up a great support system with our Doula, family, friends and how running has been a huge mental relief. My OB gave me the best news ever when he said that he does NOT want me to stop running cold turkey - I can continue as long as I do short 1min splits, and use a belly support and arch support. SOLD!! He said that since the running is so good for me mentally, he'd like to see me continue for a while longer and we will reassess at every appointment depending on how I'm doing! YAY!

What I Miss: I've been sitting here for a good 5-10 minutes trying to figure out what to write...so....nothing? We're nearing the end, which is really weird as it seems to have totally flown by, so right now I'm just gearing up for the weeks to come!

What I'm looking Forward To: Packing hospital bags, and getting my head in the game with our Doula! Let's do this!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thinking you might go early!! :O) Get to packing lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips