May 28, 2014

DIY Beach Babe Salt Hair Spray #beauty #diybeautyproducts

When I was packing my hospital bag, I wanted to make sure that I had a hair product that had limited fragrance, and that I could just spray on, scrunch, let dry and feel refreshed for the day.

I went in search of a salt spray for beach waves, because really...my boys have taken my hair from curly-q to beachy and wavy. Instead of trying to make it into something that it just will never be again, I need to work with it.

I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I made my own. Here's my super simple recipe!


2 tbsp epsom salts
1 tbsp hair gel
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 cups warm water

After measuring out all of the ingredients into separate bowls, you'll want to melt your coconut oil. I did this by popping my ramekin in the microwave for about 14 seconds.


Then, pour all of your ingredients into a measuring cup or directly into your spray bottle and shake until the salt dissolves. You will notice that the coconut oil will separate from the water, which is perfectly fine. It may even reharden over a few days, also fine! Just run your bottle under hot water to melt the coconut oil, and shake to mix into the spray.

I divided this mixture between a small travel size bottle (pictured) for my hospital bag and a large spritz bottle that I will  keep in the bathroom.


The main difference that I noticed was that the spray made my curls a little livelier, and it gave a great shine to my hair. The texture was fantastic and there was definition of pieces, which was what I was looking for.

Let me know if you try it and what your results are!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips