April 9, 2014

Tangerberry #juice #recipe

By far one of my favorite juice recipes that I've concocted! This juice is sweet, yummy, but super mellow and packed with vitamin C and antioxidants!


1 tangelo (peeled)
1 tangerine (peeled)
2 cups blueberries
1 large pear (cored)

I started by juicing my citrus, followed by my berries and finishing off with the pear quarters. The harder fruits and vegetables like celery, pear, apple and carrots help push through the softer fruits, ensuring that you get the most out of your produce.

This juice has a decent amount of pulp, something that I was worried about. I'm a no-pulp orange juice kind of girl, but honestly...it was so yummy!

Why are vitamin C and antioxidants important during pregnancy? Well, vitamin C helps mom's body fight infection, and also aids in the absorption of iron. Antioxidants have been speculated to reduce the risks of birth defects, and also reduce the risks of preeclampsia and miscarriage.

So, drink up mama!

If you try it, let me know what you think!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips