April 21, 2014

Easy Pretzel Recipe #recipe #baking

It happened last summer when I was pregnant, and it's happened again: I want pretzels!

There's just something so delicious about a yummy warm pretzel. Whether it's topped with coarse salt or cinnamon sugar, it's just plain good.



Preheat your oven to 425 F

I use a standmixer to knead my dough, however you can use your hands as well.

Mix...

2 3/4 cup flour
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp dry yeast
1 tsp salt (optional, I omit this from my recipe if I'm topping with coarse salt later on)

Add 1 1/3 cup of warm water to your dry ingredients, kneading well (which is why I love the dough hook on my stand mixer!). Sprinkle in more flour one tbsp at a time, as needed to tighten up your dough.

Next, divide your dough into balls about the size of a tennis ball, and roll into long ropes (approx. 21"). Shape into the classic pretzel shape, placing them on a greased cookie sheet.

Repeat until you've used all of your dough. I find that I can get 7 large pretzels out of this recipe.

Make an egg wash with 1 egg and about 3 tbsp water. Brush it lightly on your pretzels, then top with coarse salt or cinnamon sugar.

Bake for 15-20 minutes, then cool slightly on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.

Best enjoyed warm!


Variation: omit the egg wash and brush with melted butter with 5 minutes left in baking, then sprinkle with coarse salt or cinnamon sugar.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips