April 16, 2014

DIY Chalky Finish Diaper Caddy #pregnancy #nursery

One of the most useful things that we had on hand at all times when Owen was a newborn was a diaper caddy. Ours was a chocolate brown wicker basket, that matched the color scheme of his room, and it held...

2 diapers
Wipes
Nasal aspirator
Diaper rash cream
Vaseline
Baby Vicks
Gripe Water
Medicine Dispenser

It was awesome to have on hand (especially in the middle of the night!) and I knew that I would want to use it again for this little guy. However...chocolate brown just doesn't match, so I had to do something to spruce it up.



Materials
Wicker basket
Americana Home Chalky Finish Paint (Everlasting and Relic)
Paint brush

This project is one of the simplest that I've done, and I love that the Chalky Finish Paint really only needed one coat. Quick and easy for an update like this to an existing piece of storage or home decor that you have in your home.

First, I painted the base with Relic and set it to dry.

Once dry, I carefully painted the handles with Everlasting.



Set to dry, and then fill with everything you need for a quick diaper change!


Americana Home Decor Chalky Finish Paint and Finishes are available at Home Depot.

Disclaimer: I am a part of the DecoArt Blogger Outreach Program. The project concept and opinions expressed are my own.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cute basket, great idea to do on an old basket!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips