February 17, 2014

Sweet Dark Greens #juice #recipe

A week into juicing and I have to say that I  really look forward to my morning juice. They are unbelievably easy to prepare, and typically just take rinsing my fruit and veggies, maybe coring an apple or two.

It's such a healthy part of my day, and I feel really good knowing that I am giving this amazing dense nutrition to the baby. Now that I know that it is super easy, I recommend juicing to everyone who even remotely expresses interest in it.

With the exception of the gross celery based juice last week, I have really enjoyed every juice When was the last time that you got 6 servings of fruit and vegetables in one glass? Adding it once a day provides so many health benefits, and not just to you but to your baby if you're pregnant like I am!


2 pears
2 cups baby carrots
1 cup blueberries
2 cups baby spinach

To prep, rinse off your blueberries and core your pears. Before starting your juicer, pack it with your spinach, then turn on and press through. Follow with your carrots and a pear, the bluberries, then the rest of your pears. This will ensure that all of your spinach greens get processed into juice, and mix well with the rest of your fruits and vegetables.

I call this one the Sweet Dark Greens because the color is a dark mossy green, and it's nice and sweet, but mellow at the same time.

In terms of the nutrients you're going to be getting, antioxidants, beta carotene, iron, fiber, vitamin C, potassium, vitamin A, calcium...and the list goes on and on. It's kind of a super juice!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips