December 23, 2013

Powder Room Makeover Plans

One room that I am excited to makeover in 2014 is our powder room.

It's such a sad, forgotten space. We haven't really touched it since we moved in, in March 2012, and it needs some TLC. Currently, it is a milk chocolate type color and being a small space that doesn't get any natural light, it drives me crazy how dark it is.

I'd love to brighten it up, add some shelving over the toilet to maximize storage, and add in a pop of color.

While creating my Powder Room board on Pinterest, I found this lovely little bathroom


While I wouldn't be able to do the mirror like that, It got me thinking about pattern, shape and design, as well as adding a pop of color like aqua or coral.

Could wallpaper be the answer to our design woes of the powder room? Did I mention that we have 12ft ceilings in this space, with a transom window over the door? I have zero desire to paint.

So I started searching out other bathrooms that use wallpaper for an added design element.





As you can see, grey and white are on the top of my color palette, and I prefer geometric designs for wallpaper as opposed to ornately designed pieces.

Now...Do we do a feature wall behind the toilet, add shelving and then paint the other walls a light grey to match?

Decisions decisions!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips