December 18, 2013

DIY Country Chic Christmas Stockings

This year for Christmas, I really wanted to get new stockings but I couldn't find anything that was perfect out there that matched our home decor and was a little rustic at the same time. So, I decided to whip up a quick and easy DIY project...one that you can definitely throw together in no time!

Materials

Stockings (the ones I purchased were from Walmart and were $8.98 each)
Burlap ($4 for a 18"x24" panel)
Wooden monograms ($0.67 each)
Paint
Twine

Your first step is to inspect your stockings. See anything out of place, discolored or torn? Fix it with the materials that you have. One of my stockings was missing a third sequin, so I popped them all off and added twine to the centre of the poinsettia's.

Next, paint your letters. I chose Deep Scarlet Multi Surface Satin. I absolutely love this paint. Depending on the color that you choose, you likely will only need one coat.

While your monograms are drying, get creative with your burlap. I entertained the idea of making burlap rosettes or folded poinsettia's, but figured that my husband would want something more masculine for his stocking (and our sons) so I just wrapped the top cuff with burlap. Glue it down with hot glue, and it makes this project even easier!

Once you're done that step, it's time to put your monograms on. At this point, I ran out of hot glue so I used Decoart Bead and Glitter Glue. It definitely did the trick and kept my monograms on! I used some heavy glass bowls to weigh them down while they dried.


Now, you're ready to hang your new stockings! I tied them with twine to a long branch that is up on our mantle, and voila! They're ready for Santa!


Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips