November 13, 2013

Selecting a new Piece of Art for your Home

There are loads of guides out there on how to select a piece of art, and I've talked about proportion here on the blog a couple of months ago, so when it came time to create a new piece for my home art studio, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

I LOVE the oversized piece that is in our guest room currently, so part of me wanted to paint over it (oh the horror!) and move it into my studio.

Credit: Hanlon Lain Photography

However, there's something really amazing to me about creating a new piece of art. I have a plain 24"x28" piece of canvas that will go above my seating area, and between the quotes on my wall that inspire me every day.

Credit: Hanlon Lain Photography

Credit: Hanlon Lain Photography

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips