October 30, 2013

Home Art Studio Storage Solutions

Being an artist means that I have an abundance of supplies. Hundreds of bottles of paints, brushes of every shape and size, Sharpie markers in every color, and stencils for every season.

Slabs of clay, tools for texturizing, paper, punches, ink and canvases.

You name it, and I likely have it in my studio. Currently, my paint is stored in two rolling carts in my studio closet. On top of one is the home of my paper organizing cube, which also houses my stamps and punches. On top of that is my printer and computer paper.

On top of the other is my ribbon sorter, acrylic sprays, wood stains and other miscellaneous supplies. down at the side, finished paintings that have been listed, so that they are out of the light and won't be damaged or discolored by the light.

I won't even list all of the supplies that are in the bins that are in my work table, or the extra boxes under it that have more bottles of paint.

It's kind of obscene!

I want to be creative with storage in my art studio, and while I am happy with the closet storage, i need to be able to maximize the main studio space to make it more functional. So I'm considering these options

Wire baskets
Wire baskets would be perfect on the skinny wall outside of my storage closet. They'd be great for when I am transitioning supplies out of the closet and using them on current work, as well as storing my paint brushes, mason jars of Sharpie markers and small canvases waiting to be painted.
Industrial steel bookshelves
I love the look of metal shelving, and think it would be great to have two bookcases like the ones above flanking the window, with the lower 3' white one that I already have in between. These would be great for storing my sculptures as well as my art books and sketching supplies.

Updated white bookshelf with scrapbook paper
Time for a facelift! This is one project that I certainly will be doing - I just need to find the perfect paper for it and, yes, I will be featuring it in a tutorial coming up soon. I have a 3' bookcase that used to be my husbands when he was a child. You know the kind...the white laminate bookcases that we all had in our rooms in the 80's and 90's. It's dingy and has seen better days, so this facelift will be perfect for it! It's also a great project for bringing color and pattern into a grey and white room!

Adding these creative storage solutions and maximizing the wall space means that I will be able to add a small seating area into my art studio! What are my top pics for seating? Post coming soon!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cant wait to see the finished product!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips