July 3, 2013

New Year New Home, Bathroom Wall Art on a Budget


I am thrilled to show you this piece of abstract art, created with DecoArt Glass Stains and a poster board frame that I picked up at a local department store for $20.

I wanted something to spruce up out master bathroom and there was this big blank wall over top of our soaker tub. When I had the opportunity to play with the glass stains, I knew that it would make for an interesting medium for abstract art.


Now, I actually used this paint on a thin sheet of plastic that was in the frame, not on glass. It gave the same transparent look to the piece, which I was quite happy about, and when I put a piece of inexpensive bristol board behind it, the colours really popped.


First, I brushed on some of the black paint, then let it splatter up to the let. Then, I brushed on some of the brown for a little added depth.

Next came the really excited part. I pretty much flooded the area with the aqua glass stain making sure that there was enough force coming out of the bottle to move the black paint around. It was such a neat technique to witness! The paint splattered about and made its own space within the piece.

Last, I put droplets of clear glass stain for some added depth.



I really love how this piece turned out. The texture, depth and movement within it are amazing and I am very happy that it has found a home on the wall in our master bathroom.

*Disclaimer: DecoArt is a supporter of the New Year New Home series on my blog. I received the Glass Stains to complete this project.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips