July 23, 2013

BlogHer13 Anticipation: Ode to my Roomie

It wouldn't be a summer without BlogHer and getting to see my bloggy-bff, Shannon from Baby Shmizz.

We had an absolutely blast last year in NYC and I am OVER THE MOON filled with excitement that I get to see her...tomorrow!!


My how a year has changed us both. Our friendship has grown and grown, our hair has gotten shorter, our businesses have grown and we've made sure to stay in touch about life events.

I still remember the day of the Boston Marathon bombings. I sat feeling helpless in Southwestern Ontario while my friend and her family were in the thick of it in Boston. I remember frantically texting her to make sure that she Mike and Jack were okay and breathed such a sigh of relief upon hearing that they were allright.

I am also very fortunate to have been able to plan the DIY Party with her for the BlogHer13 Official Party Plan over the past few months. From the moment that we got the email, to a frantic call to her on her cell phone {with LOTS of squealing}, to secret Pinterest boards and cross-continent craft sessions via text...planning this event has been amazing! I am so excxited to have it all come together in Chicago at the end of the week!

Friends like Shannon don't come around often and I am so thankful that she is one of mine!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips