June 20, 2013

What Am I Wearing to the Fly DIY Party?

I am absolutely thrilled to give you a sneak peek at the custom dress that I will be wearing to the Fl DIY party at BlogHer'13, created by Kristine Cook Designs.

When Kristine and I met back in September, I told her that I had a vision of wearing a dress that I had painted. Something white that I could just go to town on with So Soft by DecoArt and create a wearable masterpiece.


Isn't it amazing? I love the detail on the sleeve, which will feature some funky hardware details. I love the waistline.

Oh and it has pockets! POCKETS!

Now, what I am going to be doing is saturating the dress in water and then painting with these beautiful colours of So Soft fabric paint.


I am really excited about these colours. The bold, dark purple paired with the light and airy aqua and lilac. Add in a punch of turquoise and fuchsia...fantastic! I cannot wait to see how it all turns out. My vision is of a watercolour inspired, inky painting on the fabric, but who knows how it will turn out!

Drop by the Fly DIY Party at BlogHer in Chicago on July 26th, 9pm to see it!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Rebecca Nash-Emerson said...

I can't wait to see the final dress!

I love the shape of it!

Elizabeth said...

Love this!!!! Awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips