February 28, 2013

New Year New Me, Week 7

I think I've lost it.

Are you asking what? I'll tell you. My motivation.

I step on the scale and it's the same number within about 2 lbs consistently no matter how hard I try. I think my body may have plateaued, and likely needs a kick in the booty right now.

It doesn't help that it's grey grey grey outside. It makes me want to lay on the couch and do nothing all day, but that's simply not an option.

You see this guy? He watches everything that I do.


If it weren't for the fact that his little eyes are watching my every move, I'm not sure that I would be this close to finishing the Insanity program. If it weren't for him cheering me on, giving me high fives and saying 'Good Job Mommy!' I may have thrown in the towel by now.

That's what it's all about, folks. It's so much more than getting healthy for myself.  It's about getting healthy for him and setting a positive example.

So, my motivation? With these grey dreary days, it's hard to find the get up and go. It may have actually got up and went! But looking at his little face and seeing his smiles when I've done a workout with him around {piggy backs included} makes it all worth it.

It may not be a workout every day, but I'm so close to finishing this round of Insanity. How am I going to get through the next 15 days? What's my motivation?

I need a reward. I need to give myself something that I've longed for, for quite some time.
I'm going to give myself my tattoo.

Do you reward yourself? How do you stay motivated??

Last week, I promised you a Shakeology snack recipe. My coach Dara shared this one with my accountability group and I couldn't wait to try it. They're super yummy, and I don't feel guilty one bit eating them!


 Shakeology Peanut Butter Cups

2 scoops Chocolate Shakeology powder
splash of almond milk
squirt of honey

Mix together to a pudding like consistency and drop a teaspoon of the mixture into a mini muffin pan. Add a teaspoon of all natural peanut butter, then cover with more of the Shakeology mixture. Freeze for about an hour or until firm.

Now, they froze so solid that I had to get my Hubs to get them out of the tin, but am I ever thankful that he did! They're fantastic, and definitely satisfy that craving for sweets when it raises its ugly head!

Enjoy!


*Disclaimer: I am provided the Shakeology shakes by my Beachbody coach Dara Distel for the purposes of getting healthy, and blogging about the product.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that little treat looks yummy!!

mel said...

You have to find what works with you. I've heard that plateau's are nasty things, they take your energy away, and cause you to question everything. I've heard others say that you have to add something in, a walk a few nights a week or change up the exercise. You'll get through this :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips