November 29, 2012

Chalkboard Holiday Decor

After I finished my chalkboard cheese tray using the Americana Chalkboard Paint, I started looking around our house to figure out more projects.

We moved into our house in March...so we haven't had a Christmas here yet. I want it to be special and magical, and since Owen is starting to recognize things like Santa and is saying Merry Christmas, I want this house to be busting at the seams with Christmas.

We have a beautiful two way fireplace that usually has a gorgeous red painting on one side, and our TV on the other. After using the Americana Chalkboard Paint, I had a brilliant idea.

All you need is one piece of foam core ($4.99 at Michaels), and the chalkboard paint of course. Apply two coats (one horizontal and one vertical), allowing the paint to dry 1 hour between coats.

Then, choose your favourite Christmas song, poem or saying and go to town with chalk!


I am beyond thrilled with the results. To finish the entire mantle, I used a branch that we found on our nature walk this weekend, a beautiful green vase I received from a friend, and two Santa's from my mom's collection.

I think it's pretty perfect! Are YOU creating a chalkboard project for your holiday decor? Leave me a link in the comments!

* I was provided the Americana chalkboard paint by DecoArt Inc. for the purposes of completing and blogging about this project. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips