April 6, 2012

BlogHer Sponsor Love: Kristine Cook Designs

One of the first things that popped into my head when I was planning this big adventure to BlogHer was

How do I want to present myself?

I started looking at my wardrobe, which has a lot of black, white, grey and navy…lots of stripes…scarves…dark skinny jeans but really no amazing statement pieces that set me apart and reflect who I am as an artist.

Off to Etsy I went, and I stumbled across Kristine Cook Designs.

I have now had the pleasure of meeting with Kristine, collaborating with her and having her design some really amazing pieces that I will be able to feature at BlogHer.

I knew that I wanted a jacket that I could wear, in a great colour for summer, with a white tee and dark jeans. I told Kristine that I love ruffles, rosettes and girly details…but that I love a masculine edge with things being fitted and tailored.

Isn’t this concept amazing??

I am thrilled!! It’s an amazing coral colour, which suits this brunette just fine, and has the most intricate almost origami detailing around the collar.

And ¾ sleeves? Perfect for spring and summer, and for layering! A white tee to keep it simple…or a bold graphic print in navy and white…or even a pastel tank and pencil skirt…with fabulous heels of course!

The lining is going to be a really awesome pinstripe fabric, and I am just...squeeing inside about it! Kristine took my Pinterest boards, what little she new about me from my photos on Facebook and my Etsy shop and ran with it. She totally got me, and designed for me. How special is that!?

It’s the most beautiful jacket I’ve laid eyes on, and definitely will set me apart, reflect myself as an artist, and is a piece that I can wear over and over again, yet make look so different depending on the other pieces that I pair it with!

Shop

Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips