January 23, 2012

Mompreneur Monday: Awe Inspired Designs

Happy Monday! I have a wonderful new Mompreneur to introduce you to today, Cicily Atkins of Awe Inspired Designs.

I ran across her shop on the Dreamers into Doers forum on facebook, and was immediately blown away by her letterpress invitations and custom stationery for every occasion. There's just something about an embossed font that I just absolutely love. Cicily's designs are gorgeous and wonderful, and I am pleased to introduce you to her today.

What do you do?

I take paper dreams and turn them into a reality. I meet with clients who want stationery that does not come from a catolog. With each client, I design every aspect of their event stationery (save the dates, invitations, programs, table cards, fans), each piece custom to each event.



How do you maximize your time as a busy mom running a business?

Oh my goodness, as a momprenuer, I sneak in work, whenever I can. I maximize nap time, and bed time. And when I meet with a client for a consultation I will bring the kiddos to an at home daycare close to my home.

What do you see as your greatest challenge being a MOMpreneur?

LOL.. My biggest challenge is balancing my budding baby entrepreneurs. They sooo want to help me with each project. So i might let them count (teaching them to count, ;-) ) , or I will let them put in packing peanuts, or some other VERY important task.



What advice do you have for other moms looking to start a business?

Nike-Just Do it! Don't stress when you are up late, or if your kids wanna help out. Do your best, and be patient with yourself.

Is there anything else you'd like to share?
I'd like to offer up a $35 gift certificate towards a Custom Invitation Suite Order (Quantity of over 50 invitations) for a random new fan on Facebook. Custom Invitation Suite includes Invitation, Response, and Information Cards (with accompanying envelopes). Winner will be drawn by random and will be contacted by Awe Inspired Designs!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips