December 1, 2011

SWH4T$: Holiday Baking

Welcome back to Week 9 of She Works Hard 4 The $ (SWH4T$)! We are so pleased for you to join us this week, and look forward to many holiday tips and tricks!

The Rules? They're pretty simple!

1.) Follow your hostesses at Baby Shmizz and Sweet Stella's via GFC
2.) Link up a specific post that relates to money, your job, your business, couponing, anything that shows how you "work hard for your money".
3.) Post our button on your post

Have fun linking and finding new blogs to read!





Holiday Baking



Have a teacher, garbage man, mail delivery person, post office worker, member of your church family or some other person on your list this Holiday season? I know that I do, and that list keeps growing by the day when I think of all of the wonderful people in our lives!

So! This year...into the kitchen I go with my beautiful standmixer that is likely exhausted at this point. However, this batch of particularly yummy cookies yeild about 75 cookies...

Translate that into 10 cookies per cello bag, tied with a lovely tag (that you can make at home to save even more money! I had this one lying around our Christmas wrapping paper stock) and you've got gifts for 7 people, plus 5 cookies left for you to snack on!

And what's even better, you likely have all of these ingredients (minus the molasses...let's be serious, who has molasses in the house!? But...it's only $4 at Walmart!) in your kitchen already!

Ginger Molasses Cookies

Preheat over to 350F

Mix in your standmixer bowl
  • 4 1/2
    cups all-purpose flour
  • 4
    teaspoons ground ginger
  • 2
    teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2
    teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4
    teaspoon salt

Cream in

  • 1 1/2
    cups butter
  • 2
    cups granulated sugar
  • 2
    eggs
  • 1/2
    cup molasses

Roll cookies into 1" balls, and roll them in a bowl of

  • 3/4
    cup coarse sugar or granulated sugar

Place on a cookie sheet, and bake for 13-14 minutes. You'll know that they're finished by when the tops crack! Be careful not to overbake though!

I then took a bunch of the cookies, put them in a cello bag (you can get these at Michael's for about $2.50 for 12 bags. I get mine from Nashville Wraps in bulk, so I had them on hand already) and tie with a lovely tag!

Total cost on these babies...$6.50. Cost per gift...$0.92!

Beautiful, thoughtful, cost-efficient, and yummy!





1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm your newest follower via GFC, and I'm joining you for SWH4T$. I ordered one of your products for my wedding in January, and I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips