November 22, 2011

Talk-To-Me Tuesday: Favourite Products

I've been asked time and again...what is your favourite product to create?

Hands down, board books.



The first one that I created was for my son, Owen, so that he would have pictures of all of the special people in our family and would know what they did with him when he was just a baby.

I love to write, and have written some short stories, tonnes of poems, and even a few children's stories in the past, so writing the board books about someone's silly special family is amazing. it's such an honour to work with a family on their story too!

I get a crazy list of family members, their special names and what they do with the child. From there, I create a one-of-a-kind story while the Mama choose papers, stamps and inks, a theme for the backgrounds and cover.


After that, I get crafty and create a board book like no other...unique and special, just for them! Some I have handwritten and others I have done some graphic design for. It brings me so much happiness to know that I've created something truly wonderful and unique for a family!

Finally, I put clear photo corners on the pages so that the family can fill the book with pictures of their child (or children!) with their special family members.



I think I may need to expand the selection of board books as well...shapes, letters, animals...maybe even those stories that I wrote a number of years ago about a lazy otter named Ollie who loved to daydream...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips