November 17, 2011

SWH4T$: Homemade Scrubs

Welcome back to She Works Hard For the Money!

A few rules:

1.) Follow your hostesses at Baby Shmizz and Sweet Stella's via GFC

2.) Link up a specific post that relates to money and time, your job, your business, couponing, anything that shows how you "work hard for your money".

3.) Post our button on your post

Have fun linking and finding new blogs to read!




Homemade Scrubs
It's almost that time of year...

The air turns cold and takes your breath away...carolers will soon be out on the streets...and jolly old St. Nicholas will be bombarded by letters from little ones.

That also means gift giving as well, and I don't know about you...but homemade and handmade gifts from the heart go a very long way!



The other day, I made these for my mom as a part of her birthday gift. A yummy and glorious Brown Sugar Honey Oat Body Scrub, and a super fresh Peppermint Foot Scrub.

I finished them both with beautiful ribbon, and cardstock tags.

Here are the recipes and how-to's!



Find a jar that you have around the house...salsa, jam, jelly...whatever you have! Clean it thoroughly and dry it completely.

Combine in a bowl (I actually did it right in the jar)

  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 2 tbsp. honey (a natural preservative)
  • 1 cup oil (I used canola since it is nonsmelling and that's what I had on hand)

Transfer into your jar, and twist the lid on tightly!

Finish off with a ribbon and your tags, and viola! A yummy body scrub that can double as a delicious dessert topping!

For this one, I found that after I cleaned my salsa jar there was some residue on the outside from the previous label. So...I made my own and podged it onto the outside of the jar! I also covered the lid with scrapbooking paper and podge!

In a bowl combine (and I actually did this one in a bowl)

  • 3 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup + 2 tbsp oil (again, I used canola)
  • peppermint extract (for this, I just did it by smell...so maybe a tsp.)
  • 6 drops green food colouring

When it's all mixed and lovely, transfer into your jar, making sure to put the lid on tightly. Tie with ribbon and your tag!

Are you making anything for the holidays, or a special birthday, this year? Share your tips and tricks for saving time and money!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips