October 13, 2011

SWH4T$: Week 2

Hi Everybody and welcome to the 2nd week of She Works Hard for the Money, a blog hop co-hosted by me and the lovely Shan at Sweet Stella's.

Come and link up with us, share your stories about how you make or save money for your family.

Rules of the Hop:

1.) Follow your hostesses at Baby Shmizz and Sweet Stella's via GFC

2.) Link up a specific post that relates to money, your job, your business, couponing, anything that shows how you "work hard for your money".

3.) Post our button on your post.





Have fun linking and finding new blogs to read!



***************



I've written before about how I clip coupons, so I thought I would share with you my latest haul.

I clip coupons almost every week, but I usually only make a trip once every 2 weeks, unless there is a deal that I can't pass up. I know it sounds ironic, but I can't afford to make an extra shopping trip every week. I coupon mostly to stock up on diapers & wipes, as well as health & beauty items.

My favorite store to go for couponing hauls is CVS, mostly because its close: its about 3 miles from my house, and I also pass one on the way to work. I also really like their ExtraCare program where you earn ExtraBucks to be used on your next purchase.


What I purchased:






4 Luvs Jumbo Packs, size 5

2 CVS Brand Children's Acetaminophen

3 Nivea Body Washes

2 Arm & Hammer laundry detergents

1 CVS safety cotton swabs (the only thing I bought without a coupon!)

Retail value: $90.06

Cost after store sales: $63.11

Cost after stores sales & coupons: $56.11, savings of 38%!

ExtraBucks earned: $18.00, if you factor these into the cost above, the savings jumps to 58%!!

Then, I went back a few days later and bought these:




2 Huggies Little Movers Size 5 Jumbo Packs


On Sale for 2/$18, originally retailing $11.99 each.

My cost after using my ExtraBucks from my prior trip: FREE!!!!!!!

What was your latest coupon haul? Where is your favorite store to coupon at?






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips