June 6, 2011

MOMpreneur Monday: Blanket Statements

Good morning everyone!

Today I would like to you meet, and admire the work of, Leslie from Blanket Statements. These lovely blankets are definitely the snuggliest that I have seen in a long time, and I hope you love them as much as I do!!

Blanket Statements was founded with this goal in mind: to provide physical warmth, spiritual comfort and love by means of sharing a blanket. For each snuggly, warm throw blanket purchased an additional identical blanket is donated to a women's shelter. Each donated blanket also includes a personal note, or uplifting statement for the woman in need. It is a simple premise - get a blanket, give a blanket.

I started this business at the end of 2010. The idea came forth because I am going through a divorce after almost 20 years of marriage. I was researching shelters in anticipation of needing one, but felt guilty thinking I would take the place of someone who was in an even worse situation than I was. After moving out on my own I started Blanket Statements with the little extra money I was able to scrape together. I am a mom of two teenagers...my daughter is 16, and my son is 14. This journey has been a learning experience for all of us and I feel is making us all better people.

Blanket Statements is an eco-friendly company utilizing as many recycled or renewable sources as -possible. Our packaging, shipping and several blankets are eco-friendly and/or carbon neutral. I also strive to find easy-care products that are made in the USA.

Blanket Statements is a small family-run endeavor. My labor of love.

You can find Blanket Statements online at www.blanketstatements.org, on Facebook (BlanketStatements), and Twitter (@BStatements).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips