March 31, 2011

Thankful Thursday: The Kindness of Strangers

It is with a heavy heart that I write this to you all. I want to thank you, each and every one of you, for the outpouring of support and kindness that my husband, son and I have received over the past week. Yesterday was particularly hard. We had to put say goodbye to our silly and beloved cat, Tiko. It was hard to watch our son get excited when they brought Tiko back into the room with the IV in his leg, and it was hard to watch our son give him a little pat and then leave the room with my husband. It was hard to see how peaceful Tiko was, knowing that he was being relieved of all of his pain (End Stage kidney failure and Anemia). It was hard to have him snuggle into my hands. It was hard to say goodbye. So...for all of your twitter messages, emails, notes, posts and thoughts over the past week, I am thankful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips