March 27, 2011

MOMpreneur Monday: Kelly MacDonald, Photograher



Good morning everyone!


I'm going to try my best to stay on top of blog posts this week, but it's going to be a crazy one! I have a 3-tier cake in the works for an amazing event this coming weekend for Delta Gamma...so please bear with me!


Today, I am so pleased to introduce you to Kelly MacDonald. She is a brilliant photographer that I stumbled upon through Life With Baby and seriously, her work is absolutely breathtaking. As a mom, I have a whole new outlook on photography and definitely appreciate the little moments...the ones where no one is watching. Kelly is just that kind of photographer.


What do you do?


My name is Kelly MacDonald, and I'm a photographer. I photograph newborns, children, families, and couples and I absolutely love my job. I get to spend my days meeting amazing people, sharing once in a lifetime moments and capturing it all with my camera. I've just recently started offering mentoring sessions and feel so privileged to help photographers who are just starting out. It's a tough haul with lots to learn and in such a saturated market, it's incredibly tough to make a name for yourself, so anything I can do to help people out, I'll do it!


Why do you love it?


Why not!? I meet amazing people, have a blast shooting and get to give my client a gift that's treasured and lasts a lifetime. I've always been creative - majored in Fine Arts in University, spent years as a graphic designer but it wasn't until I started photography full-time that I truly became passionate about what I do. There's honestly nothing better. I love creating images that evoke emotion - real smiles, true expressions, tears...anything real and in the moment. And I aim to offer my clients more than just a photo shoot. More than posing and smiling on cue. The couple of hours we spend together is fun, relaxed and a true experience.


What advice do you have for other MOMpreneurs?


Oh, I'm really not the one to be asking that question. I learn as I go and will be the first to tell anyone that it's not easy. Balancing family and work is tough but so worth it if you can manage it. I LOVE being able to spend time with my boys through the week, and although I miss out on some weekend time (esp. in the summer when I'm booked most weekends), I make sure I make up for it through the week. Just do what feels right, family always comes first but when you can find a balance between passion and family...it's perfect!


Wonderful words of advice and encouragement, Kelly!! You truly are an artist behind the lens...a real...honest...wonderful artist!

Now...there are a few promos to mention that are just absolutely amazing!


Kelly and Life With Baby have teamed up, and are offering Mother's Day Mini Shoots on May 1st! There a limited number of spots avilable, and three different packages (Hugs, Kisses and Cuddles) to choose from!

You can check out the details here


And....for anyone who is wishing to have their own amazing experience with Kelly, mention that you found her through Sweet Stella's, and you will receive a $25 discount from your session fee, as well as a complimentary 8x10 print from your session!

You can see more of Kelly's work on her site, and hop on over to facebook to like her page!


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips