January 9, 2011

MOMpreneur Monday: Twirlie Whirlies

Good Monday morning to you all!

I am so excited about our first MOMpreneur Monday feature, and the responses have been rolling in from really amazing women who've started their businesses from home!

First up, we have Shannon Torossi of Twirlie Whirlies

What do I do?

My name is Shannon and I am a stay-at-home mom who operates an on-line paper party accessory shop. "Twirlie Whirlies" came about by accident two years ago when I began decorating my little guy's "big boy" room and trying to come up with some fun and clever decor items. Pinwheels became my obsession and I felt I needed to open an on-line shop just to deal with the growing mountain of paper in my home. It has now evolved into an "after hours/all night long" full-time business. In addition to 4 original styles of paper pinwheels, I also offer up my exclusive "Blockhead" party hats and candy cones, buntings, cupcake wraps and the like. I have supplied to the tiniest parties and the biggest weddings and charity events.







Why do I love it?

I love Twirlie Whirlies because it allows that much needed "me" time. Even though everything I make is for other people, the time spent doing it is mine - late at night, after my men have gone to sleep and the house is completely quiet. That is my bliss.




What advice do I have for other MOMpreneurs?

Currently I am a one-woman show, though my darling husband will do postal runs, operate the printer, or anything else I ask him to do (which usually isn't much more since I am a total control freak). My 2011 resolution is to ask for more help where I need it. Friends and family are always offering me their help - as my business grows, this will be the year I will take them up on their offers. So, my biggest advice would be to ask for help when you need it. It is not easy to be a wife/mommy/cook/housekeeper/chauffeur/teacher/friend/ diva/and MOMpreneur all at the same time!






You can find Shannon on Twitter, Twirlie Whirlies, her blog, Art Fire and her Etsy shops (1 and 2)!



2 comments:

Twirlie Whirlies said...

Thank you so much for having me as your first MOMpreneur Monday feature! I'm thrilled!

Hanlon Lain Photography said...

thanks to both shannon's for posting this awesome post! i may need to order some twirley whirlies as well as the party hats for props for my photography!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips